Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ffynnon Gro

I was awake quite early this morning, so I decided to put up my 20ft net. The Sparrows have had a good breeding season this year and the net was placed directly in their flight path to the garden feeders. Watching them over the last few weeks I established there must have been in the region of 50 birds, many of them being this years juveniles and I was hopeful I would catch a few.

After 2.5hrs I had processed 40 birds - 29 House Sparrow, 1 Robin, 4 Dunnock, 4 Chaffinch and 2 Great Tit. The nice part about this was 33 birds were in fact juveniles, 25 of them being House Sparrow.





After last years poor breeding season because of the awful weather conditions it was nice to see at least one species in my area doing reasonably well.

No comments:

Post a Comment