Thursday 27 November 2014

Fygyn Common

I had a guest with me today, Heather Coats. She is the Leader of the Gower Ringing Group of which I am a member, she is my mentor and trainer as well.. This is her first visit to my new site so we were both looking forward to the it.
Weather wise, it was disappointing. There was thick fog, visibility was poor, it was cold and the moisture in the air kept forming into globules of water on the nets. Not an encouraging start. About 10.00ish it started to get breezy which cleared the fog, behind which was very bright sunshine.

The day mainly consisted of Blue Tits. One of the birds was a re-trap and the number of the ring was a bird I ringed on my other site which is my garden at Ffynnon Gro on the 17th November 2014. By far the best birds today were the two Goldcrest we caught. The site total since the first ringing session on 14/11/2014 is now eight.


Can anyone help with the identification of this Scat. I think it is a fox and surrounding feathers probably a pheasant. Any help with this would be appreciated.


This is what the Common looked like after the fog had cleared. Very bright, not ideal for catching birds in the nets, but beautiful to look at.


Species
New
Re-trap
Totals
Bullfinch
1

1
Blue Tit
11
2
13
Chaffinch
1

1
Dunnock
1

1
Goldcrest
2

2
Great Tit
1

1
Totals
17
2
19

Maybe you would like to read articles in our group website at the link below
http://gowerbirdringinggroup.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks to Heather for coming today and giving me her support.

No comments:

Post a Comment